Saturday 20 March 2021

Allsorts Challenge week 616 - Anything Goes with Spring Flowers.

 Good Morning another week and another challenge over at Allsorts.

Our lovely leader, Brenda has chosen the theme of......

Anything Goes with Spring Flowers.

Our Sponsor this week is Pinksy Doodles.

I have used the sponsors image - Daffodil Vase.


I have paper pieced the vase, coloured the flowers and then used glossy accents.

Edged the image by colouring the edges with the same colour as the flowers and, amazingly found some green backing card that just about matched the green of the stems.

Please do check out my lovely team mates creation and looking forward to seeing your Spring entries.

On a personal note, still haven't managed to get to the hairdressers, my hair looks like I have been dragged through a hedge backwards (anyone remember that saying?) and while it is not like Josephs coat of many colours, it is more like 40 shades of grey.

Thanks for popping by and any comments you are kind enough to leave.

Kath x

20 comments:

brenda said...

And very good movies they were as well Kath!!

You have done a super job with Clare's Daffodil Vase and the glossy accents makes a super finish on the blooms. A lovely creation for my theme week, thank you so much.

B x

meg said...

Beautiful cheerful yellows and greens,giving a wonderful feeling of Spring

Sandra H said...

Beautiful card Kathleen lovely daffodils 🌼 and great paper piecing as always x

Mervi said...

Gorgeous card and pretty glossy flowers;-))m

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

A very pretty card Kath. We've been for a long walk this morning and it was lovely to see so many gorgeous daffodils. Spring is most definitely on it's way x

Linby said...

Nice touch to use the glossy accents on the daffs. As always your matting and layering looks wonderful.

cotnob said...

A pretty card Kath, beautiful glossy Daffodils.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Ellibelle said...

So beautiful! Love the glossy accents!

Sarn said...

Ahh, this card just says SPRING to me. A lovely vase full of daffs . . . gorgeous.

I have become my own hairdresser (with a bit of help from DH) and won't be going back to a salon ever again! Yippee!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Sue said...

Gorgeous spring image Kath it's so pretty hugs Sue x

Chris said...

Beautiful card Kath, I love daffodils and these are gorgeous, love the use of the glossy accents too.
Don't talk to me about hair! I honestly can't remember how long ago it was my hair was last this long....just call me Rapunzel! At least I have an appointment booked...22nd April, only another month!
xx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

You made me laugh reading about your hair... mine are just the same LOL :D Your card is so bright and sunny, and love the touch of glossy accents on the flowers!

chrissy xx said...

LOve your card Kath. Brilliant paper piecing as always.
Nothing nicer than a vase of Daffodils at this time of year.
Chrissyxx

chrissy xx said...

Must admit I spent quite a bit of monies when I last went to Brighouse, only because I bought enough card and envelopes for a whole year lol. Very disappointed in the lack of Crafts products! Material and Wool seems to have taken over 2/3 of the shop now. Not sure if they will make the same amount of money though, only time will tell. Expressed my thoughts to the girl on the till and must admit she seemed to be in agreement with me. Will be very interested what course there will be once things relax.
Chrissyxx

Diane said...

Wow the glossy accents really make the Daffodils pop on the design.

Hugs diane

anne said...

Beautiful Spring card, love all the yellow and your paper piecing.
Hugs
Anne

Wendy L said...

Really pretty and brightKath, xxx

Claire said...

Love the daffodils looks great

Tracy said...

Your paper piecing and glossy accents look fabulous, gorgeous card Kath.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Di said...

Spring is sprung - what a lovely card Kath!

Hugs

Di
xx