Saturday 18 April 2020

Allsorts week 568 - Flowers or showers

Good Morning all, it is Ellies turn to host the challenge at Allsorts this week and she has chosen the theme of Flowers or Showers


For my card I have used the Sweet Poppy stencil by Lavinia Stamps.
I don't know why as I only have three stencils because I find them very difficult but decided to do something totally out of my comfort zone for this challenge.
Although you can not really tell, from the photo, I have used glitter for the image.
I am not going to buy anymore stencils.
Not a really good photo either but it was a the best out of a bad job.
Please do pop over to the challenge blog to see the really lovely creations from the rest of the team.

Thanks for popping by and any comments you are kind enough to leave.
I wish you all well in these dreadful times

Kath x

13 comments:

Sarn said...

Well Kath, if you're only going to own 3 stencils, then this is a good one to have. It's really gorgeous. I suspect it's a metal stencil and I find those harder to use.

I have a tonne of stencils and don't use them nearly enough, but most of mine are the mylar plastic type, which are great for inking through.

Happy Saturday.
Hugs, Sarn xxx

Babs said...

I love poppies and this one is so beautiful it looks perfect to me , I have a few stencils but I have never done any good with them so there in a box with some other abandoned stuff.have a good weekend stay safe
Babs x

Sandra H said...

So pretty lovely Poppy stencil you have used Kathleen nice touch of red round the border too makes it so effective stay safe and enjoy your day x

Chris said...

I take it you're not a big fan of stencils then Kath? :))
I do have quite a few but only tend to use them for backgrounds, I've never attempted to create anything as detailed as this and I have to say it looks wonderful! It's always good to try something different -even if it's just to find out what we don't enjoy doing!!
xx

cotnob said...

Your card is beautiful Kath, pretty poppies and fabulous CAS design.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

meg said...

you created a stunning card with this stencil Kath, not a huge fan of them either

Crafting Queen said...

Beautiful card.

Mrs A. said...

I think your being very hard on yourself . This looks super. Can’t see any missing bits. I have loads of stencils and never think to get out and use them. Hugs Mrs A.

Diane said...

Really beautiful poppies Kathleen.

Hugs Diane

Ellibelle said...

It looks so beautiful and loving the faux stitched edges. Most of my stencils are for background designs, I do have a couple floral stencils but always seem to forget about them.

Tracy said...

I love this Kath, to say your not a fan of stencils you have made something really beautiful. I too don't use stencils, but my Daughter just sourced one that is exact of a tattoo my son had, and she bought me it, it's a feather with birds flying from it so I will have to use it.
Stay safe and well.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

brenda said...

A beautifully vibrant Poppy against the white background Kath, I've had this stencil many years, in fact it was the first I ever bought from Lavinia, Tracy's work is always so intricate.

B x

Linby said...

I've got this stencil too, it's so lovely. You've made a fab job of it, not sure why you don't think you have.