Tuesday 18 August 2020

Penny Black and More - August mid month reminder

I am here this morning with the August mid-month reminder for Penny Black and More
Say it with Flowers challenge.
We will have prizes this month from Penny Black and Stamp Addicts

This month we are doing things slightly differently, the Design Team will be voting for their favourite entries using a Penny Black image. The winner will be announced in this months winners post and be invited to feature in our October challenge telling us a bit about themselves, why they love Penny Black stamps and showcasing a creation using one.

Using Penny Black 30-543 - Flower Teddy.
 The image is coloured with ProMarkers.
The flowers are paper pieced.
The papers are from a pad from The Works.

These past couple of days I have been sorting out my DP's and I have vowed not to buy anymore until I have used a great deal of what I have (Yes, I know). I have one of those stacker units with 6, 12x12 drawers all crammed full of DP's, I know that some of you will have far more than that but that does not include my 6 x 6 paper pads. Even though I do a lot of paper piecing it never seems to get less. Also they do not include Christmas papers, which are in another unit.
Wish me luck

Thanks for popping by and any comments you are kind enough to leave.

Kath x



18 comments:

meg said...

Adorable teddy and flowers love the colours you used a very feminine card

brenda said...

It's an adorable card Kath and such pretty colours. Good luck with the sorting of DP's I did it a while back and yes, I have loads as well as despite rarely using them they are pretty to looks at.

B x

cotnob said...

A pretty card Kath, such a sweet image and lovely pinks.
I'm the same as you with papers but I just can't resist when another lovely collection comes out!
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Chris said...

Cute little bear, lovely design and colours and perfect paper piecing of course!
Good luck using up the DP- it'll be long while before you can buy any more!!!
xx

Viv said...

Such a cute card Kath.
Be brave with the papers. I disposed of a mountain of them - have now just 4 12 x 12 plastic boxes and have kept it that way - have resisted paper buying for over 2 years now - and not regretted it. Made me concentrate on creating my own backgrounds and developing CAS style - Good Luck! xx

Sarn said...

Very cute card Kath.

Good luck using up your paper - I did the same - although I had a heck of a lot LESS than you! However, once it was nearly gone, I then allowed myself ONE pack of SU 6x6 paper, coordinating with SU inks I own, because SOMETIMES it's just easier to have matching paper!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Mrs A. said...

Clever paper piecing and why not a pink Teddy bear. Hugs Mrs A.

Leanne Harris said...

Loving the pink and blue Kath, so sweet xxxx

Diane said...

Fabulous pink paper and what a sweet image.

Hugs diane

Linby said...

I've been pretty good about not buying DPs - but know how you feel. Love this card, the little pink ted is adorable.

Sandra H said...

Ooh super cutie is your card and image Kathleen x

Vicky Hayes said...

What a cute teddy Kath but it's the flowers that have grabbed my attention. You chose the perfect paper to paper piece them and they look two tone like flowers often are. There's the thing - if you don't have loads of papers, it's harder to choose the right one... But good luck anyway! Vicky x

Jules said...

Hi Kath

A lovely card and great paper piecing.

Good luck with using up the papers .. .. .. I am trying hard on that mission too.

Love Jules xx

scrappymo! said...

I understand what you mean about not buying more till we use what we have! I have so much paper I could pen a store...
I had two sets of supplies when we had the trailer at the lake. One set up there and the rest down here...so now we have sold the trailer and the lot, I had to bring all that back. Oh my!!! But I like your solution very much.

Your card is sweet. Pretty flowers and coloured up to be so pretty on your card.

sallysbitz2 said...

A lovely card with brilliant colouring. Like the way you have paper pierced the flowers x

hugs sally x
sallysbitz2.blogspot.co.uk

Jenny L said...

Hi Kath,
what a very sweet stamped image and you have coloured that Teddy fabuously.
Great paper piecing also.
I know what you mean about DP I have a drawer for 6x6, 8x8, A4,and 12x12 that makes 4drawers full and then I have 12x12 Plastic boes too as well as A4 ones.
I should tell myself the same don't you think.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Megan J said...

Hi Kath, a superb card, love the pink teddy with the colourful flowers. I thought they looked like a inky background... I shouldn't buy any more DP also, I have been trying to use them up, I love the effect you get when paper piecing and while I'm still not supposed to spend to much time colouring it makes for easier cards... Have a wonderful week.. Megan

Sue - said...

Sweet card Kath. I have a mountain of papers too, more than I will ever be able to use in my life time! Wonder what my kids will do with it?