Saturday 20 October 2018

Allsorts challenge week 490 - Traditional Christmas

Another Christmas theme again this week and this great theme Traditional Christmas colours

By Traditional Christmas we want to see the colours of Red, Green and White.

Our sponsor this week is Swedish House Crafts.
They are offering a voucher to spend in their store.


For my card today I have used a Kanban stamp that I bought on sale for £1.00
The background  papers are LOTV/Nitwits and once again I went over the pinky/purple stripe with a red Promarker.
Paper pieced the chair with another LOTV paper
Added some card candy
The sentiment stamps came with the image. 

Another Christmas card Bites the Dust.

After my post of last week I did more checking and the problem goes back to around the 16th of September and my comments are showing and continuing to show on those who have a 'pop-up' comment box but it is on those blogs that have an embedded (comment box at the bottom of the post) they say publishing but do not appear on the list of comments.
I have still continued to leave comments on those of you with embedded comment boxes just in case it suddenly returns back to normal, what's the saying "When Nelson gets his eye back"! no doubt.

Had a really lovely day at the Dome last Sunday and met some really lovely crafters, now they have all posted since the Dome and mentioned those they met but I haven't so it will be old news to some but not to others.
Brenda our lovely leader at Allsorts.
Sandra, Sally and Lynne from Stamping Sensations.
It was really lovely to meet them, such nice people.

Thanks so much for popping by and for any comments you are kind enough to leave..



Kath x

20 comments:

Sarn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sarn said...

Terrific Xmas card, perfect for the challenge. Santa looks like he's having a rest after a long day!!!

Happy Saturday xxx

meg said...

Great Santa image and card wonderful idea to adapt the colours on the paper to suit what you wanted

Mervi said...

Gorgeous colours, lovely santa card;-))m

chrissy xx said...

Wowzer! A Brilliant buy Kath, I do so love a bargain!
FABulous design and it's nice to see traditional colours although any colour does seem to be the norm.
Chrissyxx
In some aspects on the blog, I to am waiting for Nelson to get his eye back lol great saying!! Will remember this xx

Chris said...

That's a great Santa stamp, kath...what a bargain! Your card is so perfect for this challenge...the colours and the image, very traditional! It's a lovely clean design, love the paper piecing!
Had to change to a pop-up-box, hated the thought of you wasting your time leaving comments that didn't publish!...and I always look forward to reading them!
Glad you enjoyed your day at the Dome...wish it wasn't so far away, maybe I'll get there one day!
xx

Linby said...

Nice to get a bargain especially when it stamps as well as this one. Love your traditional card design.

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

This is a gorgeous card Kath and so beautifully co-ordinated, the Santa stamp is lovely too. I keep telling myself that I’m not going to buy any more Christmas stamps but then I can’t resist bargain. It was lovely to meet you too x

KandA said...

Fabulous card Kath, love the traditional colours and your Santa stamp is super - what a great bargain you got there xx

Ellibelle said...

This is fabulous Kath, love the Santa image and great sketch!

brenda said...

He's a verry happy Santa Kath. It was lovely meeting up, so pleased we made the journey. B x

Mrs A. said...

Well you certainly pushed the boat out buying this stamp. What a bargin for a quid. Just coloured up a load of images but darn they all have blue in them. Now where did I put the white wash!!!!! hugs Mrs A.

aussie aNNie said...

Good ol Santa and love the colours used in this challenge theme.x

Sandra H said...

This is fabulous Kathleen l love that image l like using card candy and also the traditional colours used for your card too! have a lovely day xx

Wendy L said...

Super card Kath.
No probs with comments, xxx

cotnob said...

A fabulous Christmas card Kath, such a super Santa.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

susiestacey said...

A super traditional looking santa too Kath and what a bargain x

Darnell said...

Great traditional Christmas card with Santa Baby, Kath! I would love to have his green chair for my living room! I have a popup box for my comments, but your comments to me get sent to my spam folder every time! My server doesn't like Tiscali for some reason (and a few others), but I've learned to just make sure and check my Spam folder every few days. So frustrating!! Hugs, Darnell

Christine L said...

A gorgeous Santa in lovely traditional colours!

Christine x

scrappymo! said...

Hi Kath. I think my blog was one that was embedded. I have gone in and changed it so you should be able to leave comments now.

Love this pretty card!