Wednesday 23 May 2018

Back to Basics- use your papers

The challenge over at Back to Basics and more is to use your papers.
Based upon the 'one sheet wonder' theory, where you have to try to see how many cards you can make using 12x12 sheet of patterned paper.
I have seen this on Pinterest quite a few time and kept saying to myself I must give it a go.
I managed to make nine cards and here they are..

Now if I were to do this again I would choose a more multi coloured paper, then I could vary the backing card, luckily I had a lot of snippets of the backing card, which is SU Melon Mambo and also the white card I used for the die cut flowers were all white snippets.
I have left the cards without sentiments for use at a later date.
The card with the square die cut has very small punched flowers around the edge, punched from very small strips left over from the papers.
I shall also enter these into the snippets playground. week 326. Not dipped my toe in there for ages so expect that Parsnip will totally ignore me.

Thanks for popping by.

Kath x

17 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

BEAUTIFUL cards Kath.xx[aussie aNNie blog]

Mrs A. said...

Well done on getting so many cards from the one sheet. Parsnip will no doubt be scrutinising them to report back to Miss Di. I have the instructions somewhere on how to do it with a 6" sq. A project to follow in my old age. !! Hugs Mrs A.

meg said...

Thanks for joining in at Back to Basics and Beyond Kath, a fantastic set of cards, lots of different layouts.

Chris said...

Wow Kath, you've done an excellent job with this challenge, a lovely variety of designs here! I did think about entering as it's a bit different, but was too lazy!
I'm sure Parsnip will welcome you with open arms
Chris
x

Hazel (Didos) said...

WOW your cards are super, what a great selection, Thanks for sharing with us on Back to Basics and Beyond. Love Hazelx

Sandra H said...

Oh how well you have done Kathleen and the selection is stunning l will need to try this especially for Christmas cards take care sending lots of love xx

Crafting Queen said...

So impressed with the eight cards from your one sheet of paper. Great job. Thanks for taking part in Back to Basics and Beyond challenge. Anesha x

cotnob said...

Wow! You did well with one sheet of patterned paper Kath - you have created lots of beautiful cards.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Sarn said...

Cracking set of one-sheet-wonder cards mate. Very pretty in pink, LOVE Melon Mambo. I'm sure Parsnip +Di will welcome u back with open arms xxx

Marina said...

What a pretty bunch of cards.

Di said...

Brilliant set of cards Kath! Love Melon Mambo of course. I've been wanting to try the umpteen cards using one sheet of patterned paper technique for ages.

Great to see you in the Playground - Parsnip did whisper to me 'Isn't that the lady who isn't keen on butterflies' - so you obviously haven't been forgotten at all!

Hugs

Di xx

Diane said...

Wow what a fabulous way to make nine cards Kathleen.

Hugs Diane

Margarets designer cards said...

Beautiful set of cards, lovely designs

Jane Willis said...

What a gorgeous set of cards. Maybe you would have preferred to play with more colours but actually I think the restrained colour scheme has worked beautifully and made them into a definite "set". I love all the flowers and embellishments you have added. Thanks for playing along at Back to Basics
Jane

KandA said...

What a fabulous collection of cards Kath, love the designs and how you managed to get so much from one sheet xx

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Well done Kath, they look gorgeous, and what a great way of topping up your card stash. Your cards look very pretty in pink too. Have a lovely weekend. Crafty hugs, Sandra x

Christine L said...

Wow Kat.... these are amazing and it's so brilliant that you got them all out of one 12 x 12!! That takes some thinking about - but each and every one of the cards are fabulous!!

And yes... here I am playing catch up again.... better late than never though!

Christine x