Wednesday 17 January 2018

Snippets Playground weeks 315 and 316

Card for Snippets Playground 315 and 316, been ages since I have dared to put a foot in there.
My New Years Resolution is to enter more challenges and what a better place to start.


This is a card I made for my youngest Grandson.
He is in a local Football Team so I thought this was a perfect card for him.
I can not take credit for the design of this card as I did see something similar on Pinterest but created my own version.

I am entering this card into the Snippets Playground as the red frame was die cut from a small piece left over from 12 x 12 red card and the red spotty paper was from a snippet of red spotty paper.
 The two white piece were cut from two separate pieces of snippets of white card, well I could have cut them both out at the same time but needed to use up some small bits of white card, unfortunately still lots left. Had a job getting the small piece of card through the printer though

The boots and balls are stickers and the cupcake is a Papermania stamp that I have covered with the balls

Huge mistake making this card as Daughter has asked me to make one for all his other friends in the team.
Hey ho, and then there was snow.

Thanks so much for popping by and hope you are all having a good week, despite the weather.

Kath x

21 comments:

Sue - said...

That is brilliant Kath! Good luck with making another 11 or more. Shows I know nothing about football as I don’t even know how many in a team lol!

Sarn said...

What a great card for a football mad 9-yr-old boy! FAB. Great use of snippets too.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Liz said...

Fabulous card for your grandson, Kath. Bet he was thrilled with it! Good luck making duplicate cards for all his team mates. xx

Viv said...

Great boy card Kath! He will love it!

Chris said...

This is brilliant Kath! Your grandson will be delighted...cake and football what more could a boy want???
Still sniggering that your daughter has asked you to make them for the whole team...that's what you get for being so clever!
Have a good day
Chris
x

KandA said...

Brilliant card Kath, super deisgn for a young (or old) footballer and I bet your grandson loved it xx

Jenny L said...

Hi Kath,
what a very brilliant card and such a super design also.
Love the cupcake footballs it's super.
My Grandson is a goalie, and he would defintely love this card.
May I,if I may keep it mind for his Birthday in March.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

cotnob said...

A super card Kath, such a fabulous design - perfect for a young football player.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Greta said...

Oh so creative to make a soccer ball cupcake! No wonder your daughter wanted you to make more!

MaryH said...

First glance at this cutie, I thought "Cupcake". Then looked a little more carefully and realized it's the footballs in a basket. This is just so cleverly done, and perfect for the occasion. I like the addition of the shoes and the layout design, with the fab stitching. I can see why the whole group needs you to make some more! Great snippet use too! TFS & Hugs

Sue said...

Fabulous card for your Grandson Kath! huggles Sue xx

Mrs A. said...

Yep I know the feeling. That's how come I ended up making so many of those darn awful Elves. From now on I'm keeping my head down. Must say this card is brilliant and might just have to pinch the idea come my Grandson's next birthday in december. hugs Mrs A.

aussie aNNie said...

Kath, what a fabulous card and design. Lovely for this lad.xx [aNNie]

meg said...

Brilliant idea Kath, fantastic design and card

Cara said...

I love this fun card! I hope the snow hasn't caused you too many problems x

Di said...

WOW Kath - brilliant card! Clever you indeed. Shame about needing to make a whole load more but then it's a compliment isn't it. A bit like being asked to make a card with your own name on by your Hubby - snigger!

Hugs

Di xx

Diane said...

Oh my gosh Kathleen it took me a minute to realize those are soccer balls, what a clever idea.

Hugs Diane

LesleyG said...

Teehee what a great idea for a cup cake ! Fab card and I too have that same resolution.....we'll see how long it lasts! Hope you not snowed in xxx

Barb said...

A super card Kath. A great idea too. Barbxx

Christine L said...

What a perfect cupcake for a football mad boy!!! No wonder you've been asked to make more!

Christine x

Linby said...

Very clever use of the footballs, makes for a great card.