Saturday 23 July 2016

Allsorts challenge week 373 - Anything but a card

Another week and another challenge here at Allsorts.
For week 373, Helene has chosen the theme of Anything but a card?!?!

Our sponsor this week is Lets Create

Struggled for this challenge and came upon this idea.
Before Christmas last year I bought these wooden items and as the samples in the craft shop were using Distress Inks, I had a go, my attempts went in the bin and so nearly, did those that were left, but I put them away and then found them again during my craft room re-organisation, a couple of weeks ago.
I used VersaMark watermark stamp pad and sprinkled them with WOW embossing power and used my heat gun and was quite pleased with the result.
The top 3 are using Metalic gold sparkle
The second line uses Metalic Platinam sparkle
then Apple red, which I am not really keen on for the bells image
The first two on the third line uses Silver bells sparkle and the last one is a cosmic shimmer, but it doesn't.
I am sorry about the photo's as the glittery effect does not seem to show at all.
I have not yet decided how I am going to use them but at least I have used them so I am pleased about that.
Have a great week everyone.

Kath x

18 comments:

chrissy xx said...

Such a Wonderful idea Kath. I've used WOW embossing powder and it really does sparkle!
Perhaps you could use one of the pretty bells on my Christmas present lol.
Chrissyxx

Wendy L said...

They look greaat Kath and will be lovely on the tree, xxx

Sandra H said...

It's always good to put crafty goodies to use and l love what you have done to these Kathleen......l can imagine them sparkling even though the picture dosen't do them justice as you specified ...they will look lovely on your christmas tree l'd say a great buy ...have a lovely weekend xx

aussie aNNie said...

I think this is a great idea and you can add them later to a card if you wish. Very creative idea.xx

meg said...

You made a beautiful job of colouring and adding bling Kath, they look amazing

Sarn said...

YAY - way to go with the embossing powders on the ornaments. I'm sure you'll think of something to do with them now they are coated.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Jenny L said...

Hi Kath,
brilliantly heat embossed Christmas ornaments.
The colours loook really wonderful and lovely.
A fab idea for this challenge.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Christine L said...

The look fab to me Kath... particularly the gold ones!

Hugs
Christine x

Chris said...

Bet you're glad you didn't bin these now Kath, they look great embossed and glittered! Brilliant idea!
Chris
x

cotnob said...

These are pretty Kath, I bet they look lovely and sparkly in real life.
Pauline
x

Sue said...

Oooo nice and glittery Kath I find all sorts when I have a crafty declutter lol I bet your so glad you didn't throw them away..lots of huggles Sue xxxxx

McCrafty's Cards said...

Lovely christmas decorations Kath, I love them!
Kevin xx

aussie aNNie said...

Oh Kath, you crack me up with laughter, I just read your mermaid comment, did you forget you posed for me...LOL, the red cheeks are from embarrassment from you, they are the veins joined together. Anyway thanks for the chuckle and smile on this cold dreary day...luv n hugs.,.. {aNNie}

MaryH said...

Would have loved to see what you tossed, as I bet they would look good to everyone else! These look very pretty, and I have issues with DI paints too (prob'ly cause I don't use them enough to become proficient with 'em). These little wooden cuties will look pretty on presents, or some of the other projects that you do. You did a terrific job on them. I'm glad you found them again. Will enjoy seeing how you decide to use them. TFS & Hugs

KandA said...

These look gorgeous Kath and would look fabulous on your christmas tree. I've thought about buying some of these wooden ornaments but never seem to get round to it - must give it a go xx

Tracy said...

Hi Kath
These are gorgeous, and I love the designs.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

scrappymo! said...

Great idea. They look wonderful...I like them all!

scrappymo! said...

Great idea. They look wonderful...I like them all!