Tuesday, 20 January 2015

NBUS and Snippets


This is the first time I have entered Darnel's NBUS challenge and I am hoping that  my never before used schtuff is acceptable for the challenge.

Now this is the point where I am supposed to post the NBUS banner, 3 hours I have spent trying to get it on here, and every time I have managed it and then gone to preview the post it wasn't there and also wasn't there when I came back to edit the post, I have lost the will to live with it, BUT I am still going to enter the challenge, and therefore ,because I have not followed the rules I realise and agree with the fact that `i do not want to be entered for the prizes.


The photo's are horrendous, due to loads of reasons.


Now those of you in know, are aware that  Mrs A has been trying out different shaped cards lately, I thought that is something I must do this year, use all my shaped cards, along with all my cream cards, that I have had for yonks and hardly ever use. So I have had this shape of card for over 12 months, took one look at it and decided it was not what I thought, I dumped it into my shaped cards draw.
This is 1 of 4, with 4 more to go, two have gone in the recycled paper bag.

The image is LCI, no longer available.
Papers and ribbon SU and no your eye's have not gone funny the dotty paper is fuzzy in RL.
Shape card, sentiment and candy - Craftwork Cards.
Now if you can just spot the turquoise circle round the image and backing the sentiment, these are from snippets so a skip, hop and a jump into the Snippets Playground, mostly to check on Parsnip as Sarn has been in early and the poor things may be suffering after her visit with the Frog umbrella,
(apologies to those of you who do not follow the Playground, you should, it's a nightmare - good fun.

Oh and by the way I have been asked to make a 30th Birthday card for a male  with a Policeman theme.... HELP.
It is now 10.20 p.m. Monday evening so will scheduled this post for Tuesday morning

Thanks so much for looking
Kath xx

18 comments:

  1. Hi Kath . . . I swear I left Parsnip in good shape, honestly, he was laughing when I poked him with the Froggy brolly and said it tickled!

    Anyhoo . . . onto your card . . . I think it's a terrific shape and you've got perfect colour co-ordination with the papers and ribbons too. It's F.A.B!

    Had snow this morning . . . what's THAT all about, huh?

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not you Kath, it's Blogger, he's a real pain at the moment. Over at Allsorts he just won't show one of the DT's cards despite changing it several times.

    Really linking the colours on this card and the shape is very effective.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kath!

    Love this card and love your post even more - you do make me laugh! Beautiful shape (the card, the card!!) and love the colours you used.

    How strange about the logo for NBUS - have you tried deleting the liitle images that are at the top of your post first off. Then, over at Darnell's just click on the image and press Control and C at the same time. Hope back to your own post and click on Control and V at the same time. Should work OK. If not then I dunno what to suggest.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. HOP, not hope - duh :( xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great colours and a great shape Kath.
    (Polkadoodles have a fun bobby image - http://www.polkadoodles.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=6957) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol.........your so amusing Kath l just love visting your posts!!.........l adore your card and it looks brilliant the layout is gorgeous and l reconised that image as being from LCI real pity they have shut shot but as least these images will pop up somewhere as it has on your card simply gorgeous as ever!!...l hope you get your blog sorted soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I have a box of shaped cards tucked away somewhere think I should dig a few out! Great card and love your post.
    Hope all is good with you
    Hugs Sally's

    ReplyDelete
  8. Think blogger is being a pain Kath because I've found it impossible to comment on some blogs..fab card by the way! lots of huggles Sue xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kath,
    Fab card, love the colours and the lovely image and it's a great shape! Will have to pop over to Snippets and find out what I'm missing...'tho I'm a bit concerned about parsnips being poked with froggy brollies..... So annoying when blogger plays up, I always think it's because I've done something stupid (ok, so quite often it's because I have) and then you find out it's Blogger not you!
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card Kath.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try again.....blogger must have been hungry!!
      Gorgeous card there. Glad you told us the paper was fuzzy or I would be visiting my optician tomorrow!
      Hugs
      xx

      Delete
  11. Try again.....blogger must have been hungry!!
    Gorgeous card there. Glad you told us the paper was fuzzy or I would be visiting my optician tomorrow!
    Hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's a fabulous card Kath... loving the image and the shape....perfect to complement the image!

    And yes... I don't pretend to understand the middle para... I read it three times then gave up!! hehe

    Hugs
    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card, Kath! Love the papers and shape - gotta try that!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just darling Kathleen, love the papers and adorable image.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is fabulous Kath, love it....such a beautiful image and colouring is outstanding as always....hope the coming weekend is a good one for you...xx
    {The Journey is the Start – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your card is so cool, Kath! I really adore those colors and patterns, too!! Thank you so much for entering it in my NBUS Challenge #3! I feel so terrible that you spent three hours trying to put my bloody button on your post! Of course, I will keep your name in the draw because it's not your fault and I won't bloody Blogger steal your chance away like that! You are a dear to try for so long! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well done on using your shaped card. Love that paper & your design is wonderful. Kudos to you. You reminded me that even though I entered NBUS, I didn't remember to add the logo pin on the sidebar! Zounds! Oh well, I wasn't after the prize anyway (but would've been lovely to win!) just wanted to support Our Darnell. Had a laugh over your losing the will to live with the button problem...hopefully you'll recover while on your fun holiday. Big Hugs & TFS.

    ReplyDelete